Thursday, September 15, 2011

36w2d - Home Stretch!



 
How far along?  36 weeks, 2 days (pics taken at 36w1d)

Total weight gain/loss? According to my records: +26lbs. According to my OB's records: +21lbs. (I had a loss of 2lbs over the past 2 weeks. My OB & midwife aren't concerned about it & said it is common in the last few weeks of pregnancy to lose/maintain, rather than gain)

Maternity clothes?  I will no longer be changing the answer to this question, because it's obvious: YES.

Stretch marks? Still nothing!

Sleep?  When I take a warm bath just before bed with epsom salts & lavender essential oils, I sleep like no other--it's amazing! When I don't, I sleep just so-so. But sometimes, finding the time to get that bath in is ridiculously hard.

Best moment last week? The Fire Wives threw me a baby shower after the 9/11 Ceremony at the fire station. We got a lot of really nice things and the shower was really nice, too :)

Movement?  Non-stop. Still.

Symptoms?  Typical 3rd trimester stuff. It's just so not even worth listing out anymore.

Food cravings?  Stillllllll waiting for one...

Gender? We will find out on Birth Day :)

Labor signs? Braxton Hicks that are painful now. My abs/stomach is SO sore from them :(

Belly button in/out? Outie! I have a very shallow belly button (who knew?) and it looks like it's been turned inside out. Kinda funny :)

What I miss: Not having my body commented on, on a daily basis, without having asked for an opinion in the first place :) And as smug as this might sound, I'm really, really missing not be asked 3 times a day when my baby is due, if it is a boy or a girl, and if we have any names picked out. I know people mean well and are just making conversation, but dang!
 
The comments about how "tiny" I am are.not.flattering. They're annoying. They may mean well, but 1- I don't FEEL tiny, 2- I'm measuring exactly as I should be, even a bit ahead, 3- my weight gain is quite healthy, 3- thanks for making me paranoid & wonder if everything is okay with my baby.

What I am looking forward to: Belated birthday lunch with girlfriends. The first MOPS meeting of the year. Being full term.

Milestones: 9 months pregnant and in the home stretch!

9 comments:

  1. You look perfect and exactly where you should be for 36 weeks :) I feel ya though on the comments. One person told me I look bigger than I did with Eli to which I snapped back "Really?! I weigh less and I'm measuring smaller this time!" I just wasn't having it. People need to learn to never, ever, ever, ever comment on a pregnant lady's body. EVER! :)

    I love watching your weeks fly by. That means I'm right behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you take a photo from the back? Maybe get the hubby to take it. I want to use that to guess the gender..

    k8 from Canada - momma of 3 - Ella 3.5 years old, Lily 1.5 years old, and Myles 3 weeks old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Andrea! I think you look perfect just the way you are! You are healthy, you look healthy and beautiful..
    And you are going to rock your labor & delivery and have a healthy, happy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the a bath with epsom and lavender can help sleep...makes sense and sounds SO soothing! Guess I may have to write that one down to remember later on when sleep evades me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe try to remember that every time somebody says, "Oh my gosh, you're so tiny!", what they're really saying is "Holy cow, she looks incredible. I wish I did/would look that awesome while I was/am pregnant." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting Sarah! Getting so close. Glad you found a way to get some rest that sounds relaxing and wonderful! Excited for you that you are joining MOPS! We had our first meeting of the year this week. Great group of ladies. MOPS is a wonderful thing. Hope you have a good experience with MOPS too. You will have to tell us about it. I agree with Meredith- I think people who say "you are so tiny" probably mean you look amazing. I'm guilty of telling pregnant woman they look tiny...good to know that it's offensive. I will watch that! I swelled up and got so huge it always amazes me when women only gain 20 pounds and have perfect bodies with cute little bump. You really do look amazing. It's been fun reading your updates and watching baby Lukie grow! Excited for the big day. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been getting the "isn't your doctor concerned about how tiny you are" questions ALL THE TIME and I AM SO OVER IT. It is hard to feel tiny when you can't even roll over in your own bed. I am also all over warm baths at night with bubbles and a good book or Bejeweled. It's crazily relaxing! Almost there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I say the same thing every time I comment, but you look awesome! I hope the next couple of weeks go well and fly by so you can meet your little one :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP