Saturday, March 31, 2012

Half A Year!

::taptap::

Anyone out there?


{echo...echo...echo...}


I may be writing to myself these days, but I haven't done a very good job of documenting my baby girl on this blog (though I HAVE been documenting, daily, in her baby book!) so I felt the need to at least touch on this big, gigantic, bittersweet milestone:


My baby girl is 6 months old! Half a year! 183 days old! {Well, on March 21st she was...}




I'm not sure how it happened, really. These days of motherhood are long, but the weeks and months fly by. I know that doesn't make any sense, but I also know that the other mama's out there will know exactly what I'm talking about.


At 6 months old, Ella is:


-12lbs 12oz
-24.5 inches
-wearing 3-6 month and some 6 month clothes
-cloth diapered exclusively (though she's been known to be in a 'sposie if I'm being lazy and haven't stuffed her diapers...and if so, she's in a size 2)
-exclusively breastfed
-rolling over
-practicing sitting up
-teething, and has been since she was 3 months old...but no teeth!
-still not sleeping through the night, and wakes up to 3 or so times to eat
-sleeping in her crib in her own room
-starting to drink out of a sippy cup
-chomping on her tootsies during diaper changes


Ella's favorite toys are:


-Jump-A-Roo
-Sophie the Giraffe
-Cold teething toys
-Colored, plastic links
-Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes


We are following the Baby Led Weaning approach to introducing solids. So far, she's grabbed some avocado, butternut squash and sweet potato off of our plates and eaten it. She tries to eat (or drink) everything that we are eating and drinking. We're trying to hold off on her eating any solids for at least another month or so, but if she happens to swipe food off of our plate, we let her have it and I put sweet potatoes on her Bumbo tray the other day and let her play with them. They ended up all over her face, in her nose and ears...everywhere! Some even made it into her mouth, but not much.


All in all, life with this little girl is nothing short of amazing. I continue to believe that having Ella...being a mama...is the hardest, most beautiful thing I've ever done. She is a very happy baby and always seems to be smiling. She's quite a different baby today than she was just a few months ago, when we were battling horrific GERD, which then kept her up all hours of the night and caused her quite a bit of pain. We seem to be outgrowing that, slowly, which we are so thankful for!


I'll leave you with some photos of my favorite girl in the world...


Ella is a Daddy's Girl through and through. I absolutely LOVE it!

A Saturday morning at Starbucks with my Bean (pre chopping
of my long locks) 
Every single time we take her for a diaper change, she immediately
grabs her foot and shoves it into her mouth. We crack up every time!

Playing with sweet potatoes. 

I love her sweet disposition.

8 comments:

  1. What a precious little doll baby! You'll be so glad you did baby led weaning, it's nice to skip past all of pureed stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweet surprise on a saturday night! I've missing you Lukie Girl.
    What a Beauty baby! She is simply ADORABLE!!! OMG! where did 6 months gone already?
    By the way love the new hair do aswell. Bello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Can't believe it's been 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just the sweetest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little girl is so cute! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very glad to see your blog since every thing you described in simple and systematic manner.So that readers and visitors easily attracted to your blogs.It gives great opportunity to learn on new developments. How do people become drug addicts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww she's so cute! Congrats on having such a beautiful 6 month old baby girl!! :D

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP