Out of necessity and a tugging at my heart strings, I decided to delete my Facebook page on Friday.
So, here I am. I won't even begin to try and catch you up on the happenings of the last nine months in a wordy post. But I'll give you the highlights via bulletpoints and photos. Yes? Yes.
- Mr. Lukie and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary
- Ella turned 7 months old
- Celebrated my first Mother's Day with a baby outside the womb
- Ella turned 8 months old
- Ella started ISR (Infant Swim Rescue) Lessons
- Celebrated Ella being "out" for as long as she was "in" (37 weeks, 1 day)
- Celebrated Mr. Lukie's first Father's Day with a baby he could hold
- Ella turned 9 months old
- Made a trip to my hometown to see family and friends (okay, to show Ella off)
- Ella turned 10 months old
- Ella's first trip to the Fire Station
- Celebrated Mr. Lukie's birthday (his last one in that decade!)
- Went to Big Sky, Montana for a work trip, but brought the family and turned it into a mini-vacay
- Ella turned 11 months old
- Celebrated a decade-marker birthday of my own
- Spent my birthday week in Mammoth Lakes (a sweet surprise from Mr. Lukie)
- Ella turned the big ONE!
- Nada. Mr. Lukie was only home about 7 or 8 days this month due to lots of overtime at the station, so Ella and I just laid low
- First family vacation! To Kauai we went, for one luxurious week
- Took Ella to see a production of "The Grinch"
- Celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at home (no fire station dinner this year!) Oh! And we (Ella and I) got a surprise in the form of a puppy for Christmas. A Staffordshire Bull Terrier named Bunker (as in, Firefighter bunker gear).
- Mr. Lukie received a temporary promotion to Captain
- Fell asleep on the couch by 9pm on NYE
I think that about sums it up for now. In the three days I've been without Facebook, I've written this blog, caught up with a friend, worked out three days in a row, read my daily devotions, and spent more quality time with Ella and Mr. Lukie. I'd say it was a good decision.
And just so you know -- I've been reading everyones blogs from my phone, every day. It's just really difficult to comment from a phone, but I know about your new babies, your babies on the way, engagements, and all of the other amazing new things happening!
It's good to be back.