Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's Good To Be Back


Oh, hello quiet little blog! I started to feign astonishment at not having been here for the past nine months, but the truth is, I have been completely aware of my neglect to writing. I've actually neglected a lot of things in the last nine months. Well, really, in the last 15 months: working out consistently, sleep, spending time with friends, spending time in the Word, and my health.

Out of necessity and a tugging at my heart strings, I decided to delete my Facebook page on Friday. I'm aware that it is blasphemy or something these days, to delete your Facebook page. But it felt so good! And with the time that I wasted spent on Facebook, I can probably work out consistently, catch up on some ZZZ's, hang out with a friend, open my Bible every once in awhile, and take care of myself. Seriously, guys. It was that bad. 

So, here I am. I won't even begin to try and catch you up on the happenings of the last nine months in a wordy post. But I'll give you the highlights via bulletpoints and photos. Yes? Yes.

April 2012
  • Mr. Lukie and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary 
  • Ella turned 7 months old
May 2012
  • Celebrated my first Mother's Day with a baby outside the womb
  • Ella turned 8 months old
  • Ella started ISR (Infant Swim Rescue) Lessons
June 2012
  • Celebrated Ella being "out" for as long as she was "in" (37 weeks, 1 day)
  • Celebrated Mr. Lukie's first Father's Day with a baby he could hold
  • Ella turned 9 months old


July 2012
  • Made a trip to my hometown to see family and friends (okay, to show Ella off)
  • Ella turned 10 months old

  • Ella's first trip to the Fire Station 
  • Celebrated Mr. Lukie's birthday (his last one in that decade!)
August 2012
  •  Went to Big Sky, Montana for a work trip, but brought the family and turned it into a mini-vacay
  • Ella turned 11 months old

September 2012
  • Celebrated a decade-marker birthday of my own
  • Spent my birthday week in Mammoth Lakes (a sweet surprise from Mr. Lukie)
  • Ella turned the big ONE!

October 2012
  • Nada. Mr. Lukie was only home about 7 or 8 days this month due to lots of overtime at the station, so Ella and I just laid low
November 2012
  • First family vacation! To Kauai we went, for one luxurious week
December 2012
  • Took Ella to see a production of "The Grinch"

  • Celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at home (no fire station dinner this year!) Oh! And we (Ella and I) got a surprise in the form of a puppy for Christmas. A Staffordshire Bull Terrier named Bunker (as in, Firefighter bunker gear).
  • Mr. Lukie received a temporary promotion to Captain
  • Fell asleep on the couch by 9pm on NYE 

I think that about sums it up for now. In the three days I've been without Facebook, I've written this blog, caught up with a friend, worked out three days in a row, read my daily devotions, and spent more quality time with Ella and Mr. Lukie. I'd say it was a good decision. 

And just so you know -- I've been reading everyones blogs from my phone, every day. It's just really difficult to comment from a phone, but I know about your new babies, your babies on the way, engagements, and all of the other amazing new things happening!

It's good to be back.

15 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back! Your daughter is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking of you the other day! Glad to see an update, and the pictures. Ella is a doll! Looks like you've had a great past year, and way to go for pulling the FB plug! I thought it would be difficult, but it was so freeing, and I know many people who are getting fed-up with it! Sad how it's changed societies way of...being "social" though. Anywho. Happy New Year! May this one be just as blessed as the last. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! A blog post!! Even though we keep in touch by text it was nice to see this update. Love the Christmas pic, and congrats to Matt on Captain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you back! I have been the same way and honestly wrote a blog post catching up on Sunday too! P.S. Ella is tooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are back! It's funny, I just thought about you the other day and came to check and see if you posted and it didn't come through my feed. I agree on the comments. I would comment a lot more if I could do it easily on my phone. The only reason I haven't closed my FB account is because I've been using it to record the milestones with Evelyn. Once I do that, I'll probably do the same thing. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back! Ella is SUCH a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo happy you are back!!!!!! I've missed your blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the matching Christmas pjs!! Good to see your back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are back to blogging, Ella is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you back :) Ella is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah, I discovered your blog some time ago and I've been reading often. So glad to see you're back. I have a 19 month old and can totally relate. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed reading your blogs Sar! I miss you on facebook but I just love, love, love your blogs! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How on earth did I miss this? It is SO GOOD to see you back!... I have missed you! (like I haven't said that enough in the past months) the thing is ... your blog was one of the first blogs I've ever read.. So blogesphere felt so empty without you! Hope you are here to stay!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP