Saturday, April 6, 2013

Closer to Two Than One!

Ella Grace is 18 months old! (Well, she's 18 months, 2 weeks, but better late than never!)

Without further ado, Ella's 18-month update:

Ella, in Boulder, CO on her 18-month birthday

At 18 months old, Ella is:

-21lbs (ish)
-30 inches (ish)
-wearing 12-18 month, 18 month, and some 18-24 month clothes
-cloth diapered exclusively (though when we travel, we use disposables, and she's in a size 3)
-still nursing (but we are down to two feedings per day - more info to come later)
-running
-talking in 2-3 word sentences ("I sit", "Ninny bye-bye tuck", "Baby ni-ni shhhh!", "Mama iiiiiiight back")
-has 12 teeth (4 in front, 4 on bottom, and each of her 4 first year molars)
-sleeping through the night (!!!!!), usually 7:30pm-6am
-feeds herself with toddler-sized utensils
-building a vocabulary of 100+ words (people often think I'm exaggerating when it comes to Ella's vocabulary/speech, but she was a late crawler, late walker, and very early talker - spend a few hours with us and your mind will be blown)




It's okay to be envious. Her eyelashes are to die for!

Ella's favorite toys are:

-playhouse in the backyard
-baby doll
-coloring book and crayons (as she calls them, "colors")
-books
-foam blocks 
-our dog, Bunker

Ella is a pure joy to me! She is so much fun and is constantly amazing us with her sense of humor and her knowledge of the world around her. She is bright, charming, sweet, empathetic, and perfect. We spend the majority of our time reading books, coloring, playing outside either in her playhouse in the backyard or at the park. Ella and I are able to communicate via sign language and/or words, which is awesome. She understands 95% of what I say to her and she can clearly tell me what it is she wants - to eat, to drink, to wear, to do, etc..

And, what would any blog post be without photos of my TODDLER?



Bob Harper, me, and Ella in Boulder, CO. One of the many perks of my job!

Dyeing Easter eggs the week before Easter. Ella LOVED it!

Being such a big helper and feeding a friends baby.

Ella's 1st Easter Egg Hunt!

Her chunky little legs get me every time. I could eat them up!
Our little family of four. 




Did you catch the caption in that last photo? There is more than one reason this blog post is titled "Closer to Two Than One!" Ella is going to be a big sister! More to come in another post :)








9 comments:

  1. It's going do fast, it's crazy!! Scarlett has a large vocabulary as well, I think Ella was saying alot more before her but recently it's exploded to small sentences and phrases. I love it!! Enjoy this time momma, and congrats on your pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, an update! I love her, she's adorable. And I totally believe it on the vocabulary! There's evidence of a negative correlation between motor development and language development. And of course, since I studied language development in graduate school, my kid is an very early walker and showing signs of being a late talker. LOL

    And OMG, another baby!!! I heard rumors. Exciting to hear they're true! Congratulations! Maybe we'll be pregnant at the same time for a month or two again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, an update! Can't wait to meet the little miss in person soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the pregnancy!! Ella is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats MAMA!! So excited for you! prayers to you for a happy healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Sarah! :D
    Super happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! So happy to read this post. 2.0 will be in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP