Saturday, August 31, 2013

Update on Baby #2 - 24 Weeks ... (2 Weeks Late)



How far along?  24 weeks (24 weeks with Ella)

Total weight gain/loss? +12-14 pounds

Maternity clothes?  Not really. I'm still fitting into two pairs of pre-pregnancy jeans, but I've kissed the others goodbye. Maternity jeans are still too big on me, though, so I'm in this awkward stage of not having anything to wear. Thankfully, I have a closet full of maxi skirts and dresses, and Target Long & Lean tank tops (love!)

Stretch marks? Nada.

Sleep?  It's been hit or miss. Most nights, I can't fall asleep until 11, but I feel ready for bed by 6. Too much on my mind, I think. Between caring for an almost-2 year old, working full time, and a hubby who is working more overtime than ever before, I think I'm on autopilot and overdrive.

Best moment last month? Celebrating Mr. Lukie's big 40th birthday. Spending a week in Big Sky, Montana with our little family. It was a work trip, but we got plenty of family time in.

Movement?  Like crazy.

Symptoms?  Back pain. Insane back pain, actually. After a massage while we were in Big Sky, coupled with a visit to the chiro, it's feeling better. But I still can't be on my feet for more than an hour without crazy pain and major difficulty walking. Also, we're in a heat wave here in San Diego. It's been in the high 80's AT THE BEACH (which is super rare) and no one in (coastal) San Diego has air conditioning. So, it's been about 90* in the house for the past week. And I'm moaning and groaning about it because I. Am. Miserable. I would rather sit in an air conditioned house with it 110* outside than having no relief from the heat.

Food cravings? Nothing.

Gender? We will find out on Birth Day. Ella has been claiming "Baby Brudder" all along ... until our last appointment with our midwife, where she said "Baby Seester". I can't wait to find out!

Labor signs? Pelvic pressure like whoa. And good ol' Braxton Hicks.

Belly button in/out? Out. Completely and totally out, all of the time.

What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy. Feeling "fit". I am still CrossFitting 4-5 times per week, so I know I'm maintaining. But I just don't feel fit at all. I suppose it's the hormones, coupled with the fact that when I am pregnant, my body and muscle definition just don't go hand in hand. 

What I am looking forward to: My birthday. Ella's 2nd (!?!?) birthday.

Milestones: 6 month mark, which means it's the last month of the second tri. We realized the other night that if this baby is like his/her sister, we only have 12 weeks left in this pregnancy. Unbelievable how fast time goes the second time around.

1 comment:

  1. You looks so stinking great! You're rocking awesome in the healthy department of this pregnancy thing, lol. I'm sorry about the back pain though, that's the pits. :( Pelvic rocks always helped my back pain a little! And they were a good security for me just in case baby was in the wrong position. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP