Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Update on Baby #2 - 36 Weeks!





How far along?  36 weeks (36 weeks with Ella - this is the last documented picture and update before her birth announcement on the blog!)

Total weight gain/loss? +25-26 pounds

Maternity clothes?  Mixing and matching, still. I returned the maternity jeans I bought. I caved last week and bought two maternity sweaters from Target to get me through these next few weeks, as it is finally starting to feel like fall in San Diego. Well, at least in the mornings and evenings.

Stretch marks? Still nothing. And still no linea negra.

Sleep?  No bueno. I'm even starting to get the, "Are you feeling okay? You look tired ... " comments. Awesome.
 
Best moment last month? Having two ladies come and deep clean my entire house (baseboards, ceiling fans, windows, etc.). Getting clothes, hats, blankets, and baby carriers washed and folded. HAVING A FULLY (day time) POTTY TRAINED 25 MONTH OLD!!!!!

Movement?  Constant. And getting painful.
 
Symptoms? Your typical third trimester woes: pelvic pressure, stretching belly pain, The Waddle, heartburn/indigestion (new one for me this time around!), frequent urination, and really painful Braxton Hicks. Also, the sharp pain/stabbing sensations to the cervix that take my breath away. I was never this uncomfortable or in as much with Ella as I am this time. I'm ready to be done being pregnant and I'm sure that has a lot to do with having a toddler to chase around this time. Oh, and my emotions are all over the place. I can cry at the drop of a hat. BUT! The horrible back pain has disappeared since I stopped working out!

Food cravings? Bagels. Blueberry bagel, toasted, with strawberry cream cheese. And I'm not a carb person. So weird.

Gender? Finding out on birth day, but still feeling boy. And for the record - we are both 100% game for another girl! I felt it necessary to throw that out there, since there are some folks out there who think I'll be disappointed with another girl (??)

Labor signs? Nothing like, "Ohmygoodness, I'm in labor!" signs, but the pelvic pressure, stabbing pains in the cervix, and super painful Braxton Hicks are keeping me on my toes. This baby needs to stay in for at least another week.

Belly button in/out? Out, out, out.

What I miss: Sleep. Being comfortable. Working out :( I decided last week that walking isn't even an option anymore. After a trip to Target, where I was in there for 40 minutes, caused severe lower back pain, Braxton Hicks, and pelvic pain that I couldn't even bear, I realized that any sort of exertion is just ... out of the picture until this baby comes. I'm pretty depressed about this and am having a really hard time coping. Ugh.

What I am looking forward to: Meeting this baby. Seeing how Ella interacts with her new baby. A legitimate maternity leave this time (I was back to working full time when Ella was about 9 days old last time).

Milestones: 9 months. One more week until "full term". One more week until I'm more pregnant than I've ever been before. And one more week closer to meeting my baby!

And just for fun - a photo of my belly straight on:

 

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see all 4 of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so close to the finish line! So exciting!!

    Sorry about the exercise. I'm probably not as active as you are, but I work out almost every day and I was really sad last time when I had to stop climbing. I could walk (slowly with breaks) until the end, but I still get how you're feeling. Is there anywhere you could swim? That was a life-saver for me at the end of my pregnancy.

    Either way, you're so close to the end!! Though I know every day can drag on when you're that pregnant! Hang in there. You look awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are almost there!!!! The last few weeks can feel endless but before you know it you will be holding your new little one in your arms.You really look great. Congrats to Ella on her potty training. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I'm so excited to find out what you wind up having and the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Can't wait to see pictures of the little one.

    RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEEEE!!! Can't wait til they're here and we can see pictures! :) You still look fabulous! Will pray for some grace in the rest department--I know the last haul was the hardest for me with sleep.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP