Sunday, November 24, 2013

Update on Baby #2 - 38ish Weeks!



How far along?  38 weeks, but really almost 39 weeks (36 weeks with Ella - this is the last documented picture and update before her birth announcement on the blog!)

Total weight gain/loss? +28-29 pounds

Maternity clothes?  Mixing and matching, still. I've only got 3 tops that cover my belly all the way, which makes going to social outings and church pretty interesting.

Stretch marks? Still nothing. And I might see a teeny, tiny bit of linea negra making an appearance, finally? But I can't really tell.

Sleep?  Hit or miss. Some nights, I don't recall waking up at all. Other nights, I'm up 3-4 times to use the restroom.
 
Best moment last month? Well, it's only been 2 weeks since my last update. I got what are probably my last mani/pedi, massage, and wax before baby comes.
Movement?  Still pretty constant, but the movements themselves have slowed down. Baby is definitely running out of room, and fast.
 
Symptoms? You know, for the most part, I'm feeling great! I have the typical "I am going to have a baby any day now" discomforts to deal with, but really, I feel like if I am pregnant for another 2-3 weeks, I can handle it and will be totally fine with that.

Ella climbed in my lap with her baby doll and said, "Mama, I packtiss feeding my baby a boddel, yike I do when baby budder come soon." Melt. My. Heart.

Food cravings? Nada.

Gender? We'll all know soon enough!

Labor signs? Wednesday night, I had contractions from 9pm-3am that were 10-15 minutes apart, lasting 30-60 seconds. I stopped timing them around 11pm, when I realized nothing about them was changing (intensity, intervals, duration, etc) and went to sleep. I was up every hour, on the dot, to pee. When I woke up for the day around 6am, I realized that I was no longer contracting and all signs of labor had diminished. Thank you, Jesus! 
My midwife called me last week to let me know that she was having to fly out to Ohio, completely unexpectedly, because her elderly mother was having an unplanned surgery. She told me she would be gone from November 20th-25th. We both cried and talked about what to do in the event I go into labor while she is gone. And I'd be lying if I said that I didn't get off the phone with her and just lose it completely. My midwife HAS to be at the birth of this baby. I also know that I am not in control of when this happens. On the other hand, I know that babies and mamas have a special connection. So, we had a chat, BL2 and I. I informed him/her that they needed to hang out in mama's belly for at least another week, until Karen got back to town. We've only had a few other times where I've thought, "Oh, great, here we go ... " but nothing that has stuck. As I write this, it is the evening of November 24th. Karen gets back to California tomorrow at midnight. Baby just needs to hang out for another 24 hours, minimum. I'm holding on to that and praying it happens. And if by doing so, that means I end up pregnant for another 2 or 3 weeks, so be it!


Belly button in/out? Out. No other words to describe it. Ella tells me, "Mama don't have no belly button. Baby make mama's belly button all gone!"

What I miss: Not a whole lot, to be honest. Well, okay. I miss not wearing the same 3 outfits over and over and over ...

What I am looking forward to: Giving birth. Meeting my baby. Finally knowing boy or girl! Mr. Lukie being home for 6 weeks with us, on paternity leave. Completing our family.
Mr. Lukie and E. Sunday morning tickle/snuggle sesh before getting up for church. I can't believe that there will be one more precious little being to add to our tickle/snuggle sessions in bed soon!
Milestones: Being more pregnant than I've ever been (or will ever be again)! I was hoping and praying this pregnancy to make it longer than I did with Ella. Having a baby just barely at "full term" may sound ideal to those of you who struggle with difficult pregnancies, who just don't enjoy pregnancy to begin with, or who are just flat out miserable being pregnant. But having a tiny baby, who has reflux and colic, and needs to nurse every 45-90 minutes, round the clock, for the first 3 months in order to stay nourished? It's exhausting and difficult and emotional and makes you go a little bit crazy. I'm hoping that by this baby staying in longer than his/her sister, we might skip a tiny bit of the extra craziness that comes with a term baby.



5 comments:

  1. Im excited to see what BL2 is! :) I hope the next couple days/weeks go well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I was so excited to read an update! I just texted rebecca yesterday and asked her if there was any news. Cannot wait to hear boy or girl, name, etc. And fingers crossed your midwife is back in time!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see you all! Hope baby makes an appearance by the time I get out there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so exciting!! I love all the posts and Ella getting so excited about meeting her new baby budder ;) LOL. I can't wait to find out if it's actually a budder in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh, by "posts" I mean "pics" ... I was typing too fast for my brain to catch up ;)

      Delete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP